See our Frequently Asked Questions about Estate Law for more.
Trusts and Estates
- We can help you develop estate plans that minimize estate taxes and provide security for your family—during your life and upon your death—through the use of trusts, life insurance planning, retirement planning and charitable gifting.
- We routinely draft estate planning documents, including:
- Last Wills and Testaments
- Revocable Trusts
- Grantor Trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Grantor Retained Unitrusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Minor Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- We can help you engage in asset protection and preservation, and devise plans to minimize the costs of long-term care and estate, gift and income taxes.
- Our experience includes preparing advance directives including health care proxies and living wills.
- We frequently represent Executors and Trustees in connection with estate and trust administration.
- We advise families with closely held businesses about estate, gift and income taxes. We can also facilitate the transfer of the family business to the next generation through the drafting and implementation of Buy-Sell Agreements, Limited Liability Company Operating Agreements and Family Limited Partnership Agreements.
- We offer advice regarding Medicaid planning, long term care insurance and asset protection.
- We prepare Medicaid applications.
- We are experienced in commencing Guardianship proceedings.
- We can create Supplemental Needs Trusts.
- We can assist families in planning for individuals with disabilities.